Suggest treatment for blisters under the testicles
Hello and welcome,
Without being able to see the blisters that you described, I'll discuss 3 possibilities:
1. Blisters caused by friction: based on your description, this is the most likely possibility. I recommend cleaning the area gently with soap and water (regular soap), patting dry with clean tissue, and apply a bit of zinc oxide ointment from a new tube (so that it hasn't been contaminated) with a fresh q-tip. Then cover with a bandage so that the skin is protected from friction. Clean the area every day and repeat until the area is healed. If you don't have zinc oxide ointment, that is ok, just do the other things here. If the blisters don't go away with this home care, or if the area starts to look infected (increased redness, hot and tender, pus), then don't wait but go in to be seen.
2. Herpes Zoster: if the area is very tender or painful, it may be a mild case of shingles. But shingles hurts a lot. If this is the case, it's best to get on an oral antiviral medication such as acyclovir or valcyclovir. While it won't kill the virus that causes shingles, it can decrease the intensity and duration of the shingles and help prevent complications after the shingles has healed.
3. Herpes Simplex II: This usually causes genital herpes, so I think this is less likely because it sounds as though the blisters are on your thigh rather than the groin itself.
I hope this information helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for blisters caused due to athletes foot
- Suggest treatment for itchy blisters on hands and scrotum
- Suggest treatment for a child having blisters on rectum
- Suggest treatment for mouth blisters
- Suggest treatment for blisters cause in labia after shaving
- Suggest treatment for small blister on penis head
- Suggest treatment for blisters on my hands and feet
- Under shaving blisters around genital area treatment
- Suggest treatment for blisters on ear
- Have little blisters on fingers suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis