Suggest treatment for blisters on the upper thigh

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: I woke up with a blister on my upper thigh. It a large single pronounced bump. It sorta itches, but not much. I just experiencing some pain when on it or touch it.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks to be cellulitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for the photograph and history, albeit short and specific.
Both are indicative of cellulitis as there is a mark of old boil as seen in the picture.since you have noticed on waking up today there is minimal tenderness.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Get started on a suitable antibiotic, anti-inflammatory medicines under Doctor's supervision so that this may resolve well, may be be without need of surgery.
Get blood checked for CBC and sugar.
Please give feedback about progress.

I hope, this answer helps you. Please feel free to ask for further queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 34 hours later
Yesterday. I put antibacterial ointment and the bump/blister and it is substantial smaller and does not hurt.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please post fresh photo to compare.

Detailed Answer:
Good to know.
Continue the same.
Keep under observation.
Send in the fresf photo please to compare.
Any symptoms?

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 minutes later
no new symptoms
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nice to know

Detailed Answer:
Nice to know, keep under observations
Please let me know if any problems.
May post a fresh photograph.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 2 days later
here is an update picture. it does not hurt anymore even if touched
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please send focused and clear pictures.

Detailed Answer:
Please send focused and clear pictures.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
the bump is firm and no pain
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be an abscess.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks .
As per the picture, there is an abscess.
Please consult a General Surgeon for clinical evaluation and get an appropriate treatment. May need an incision and drainage. Since there is no pressure in the inflamed area, there is no pain or tenderness.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 37 minutes later
thanks.. how can this be avoided in the future?
Brief Answer:
as explained in details.

Detailed Answer:
There is no specific thing that can be done.
Daily bath and cleaning properly, avoiding hot and humid atmosphere whenever possible, avoiding itching at night particularly. Cleaning the area with plain water once you reach home helps a lot by avoiding itching and development of infection in this area.
Avoid excessive care also as too much cleaning causes the skin to thin and can cause easy injury even on itching or scratching.

I hope this answer helps you.