Suggest treatment for blisters on the back

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Have cellulitis. I started getting soars last Wed when it was no better on Friday went to general Dr he put me on antibiotic the blisters are popping only to produce more . It has been 7 days still have blisters so called Dr back he said to give med. Time to work I feel I have gave time for improvement only to have more pain and more blisters. My leg burns not just around the sore but up and down my leg. How long do I wait I need to know something
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs further investigation

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

You need to get a few blood tests like CBC, ESR, CRP, Blood sugar to find out the progression of the infection.

The pus needs to be sent in for culture and sensitivity testing to find out if you are getting the right antibiotics to tackle this infection.

Once these investigations are done, you will be on the right track to getting cured. It would take about a week to subside.

Regular dressing needs to be done to keep your skin healthy and sores to heal.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy