Suggest treatment for blisters on the arms

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I started getting rashes with blisters, some blood and some small clear, on my arms in March. I have been to a dermatologist, He told me he had no idea what this is. I have had blood test, biopsies. I was told to stay out of the sun. I still am getting blisters even in my house. The itch seems to be coming from inside my body. Skin medications, including lidocaine.do not help. Benadryl is the only thing that helps. Could this be caused by vitamins, minerals or merlow wine?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try montelukast and fexofenadine combination.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should try combination of antihistamine (levocetrizine or fexofenadine) and anti allergic (montelukast) once a day at night before sleep.
No, I don't think it is caused by vitamin and minerals, Not sure about merlow wine.
Please let me know
1. Have you tried merlow wine for the first time?
Please reply me answer of above asked question, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 20 hours later
I switch to a dark red wine because, it was suppose to have better health benefits. Before that I used lighter red, with no problems, other than me over doing it at times.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get done allergy testing to identify the causative allergens.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should definitely get done allergy testing to identify the causative allergens.
Once you know the things, you should avoid them.
This is the best way of preventing allergy.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 11 minutes later
I had allergy tests. I am allergic to grass and pecan trees. Mold and dust mites. No others showed up. My problem is I live on a ranch in south central Oklahoma. I think I'm in a lot of trouble.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Since how long you are having are living in ranch?

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Please let me know
1. Since how long you are living in ranch?
2. Since how long you are having these skin lesions?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 12 minutes later
45 years. I trained horses for more than 25 years and ran cattle. These blisters just showed up this past March.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of allergic disease is less likely.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern.
Possibility of allergic reaction is less likely because it must be seen at least once in 45 years.
You had also been to dermatologist and he was also answer less.
In my opinion, we can do one thing.
You should live to other place (other than ranch) for 1 month and see for improvement in your skin lesions.
If they are improving then allergy is the cause but if they are not improving then it is not allergy.
Hope my point is clear to you.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.