Suggest treatment for blisters on the arm

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I got up this morning with some kind of bite on my upper arm. It does not itch, only a bit tender to touch. It has formed a small blister on it. There are three red spots near it but they are not doing anything. I fear brown recluse or something. Im allgeric to mosquitos but those swell and itch. I have applied ice pack to it and it seems to make it go down some. Should i be worried?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like insect bite.
Don't worry it's not looking like recluse bite.
The severity would have been much greater in that.
I treat such cases with mild topical steroid cream like mometasone.
It works well and you can try in consultation with your doctor.
Just relax its not dangerous.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Ty for your reply. The smaller spots are almost gone and the bigger on has gone down some. The blister is no bigger . Still no pain or itching. U mentioned a cream. Would cortizone cream work or should i just leave it alone?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Apply cortisone

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes you can apply cortisone cream.
It will help in faster relief.
There is nothing to worry.
You should be fine within two days.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar