Suggest treatment for blisters in the mouth

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: hello doctor, my 2 year old son has got some blisters inside mouth. i cant figure out if its any allergy or mouth ulcers, Plz refer the image i hav attached. kindly Guide me what should be the treatment.
ps. i have mouth ulcer issue from few years.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No image seen.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting the query,

I have not got any images attached. can you upload them again.

So that i can help you with the accurate treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 10 minutes later
ok...plz check now
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not yet got.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I still didn't get the reports you can send them on YYYY@YYYY Subject it to Dr. Nagamani
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 39 minutes later
mail sent with pic from YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No we have not received.

Detailed Answer:
We have not received any attachments of images from your side. I contacted my customer care team. They tried calling you but no response from your side. Kindly re upload them at YYYY@YYYY by subjecting it to Dr.nagamani
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 57 minutes later
Hi Doc,

I have uploaded pics/report.

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
mouth sores

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through all 3 attached images.

Mouth sores generally go away within 7 to 14 days with no treatment.
You can do the following at home to relieve your child’s symptoms:
Give your child over-the-counter (OTC) medications, such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, to treat pain and fever.

Cold liquids, ice, or frozen juice bars may help soothe mouth pain. Avoid giving your child spicy or acidic foods.
Liquid antacid 4 times a day may help relieve the pain. Rub half a teaspoon (2.5 mL) of liquid antacid rubbed over the front of the mouth.

As the sores are more there are more chances of the cause being the fungal mouth ulcers or due to vitamin deficiency. I suggest you to consult the pediatrician if these persists for more than 7 days.

Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 7 minutes later
yes he had little fever today afternoon and one more thing, i also get mouth ulcers frequently, so is it hereditary?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
It is due to vitamin and Iron deficiency.

Usually the fever is associated with the sores due to pain.
You can give paracetamol 3ml for the pain as well as fever.

I treat such case with zinc and iron supplements. See if your pediatrician shares the same opinion.

Take care....