Suggest treatment for blister on neck

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash
Question: Need Help with what seems like an insect bite.which has caused a big blister on my neck
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
combination cream containing antibiotic and steroi

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
I have seen the attached pic also. Thanks for attaching the pic.

You are absolutely right. It is insect dermatitis only.
in such cases, I usually advice my patients to apply a combination cream containing antibiotic and mild to moderate potency steroid like futop B cream. Apply a thin layerof cream over affect area twice daily for 5-7 days.
Additionally take tablet levocetrizine 5 mg or fexofenadine 180 mg in nigjt time for 4-5 days.
Keep the area clean and dry.
I hope it helps.
If you have any further query you may ask me.
Stay healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 2 days later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

I have noticed a little itch in my lower right leg.
Its the same bite but it has grown a little bit,
Can I apply futop B and cover the area?
I have attached a new image of my neck and is this
Blister can anyhow travel from clothes and cause another rash in my body?.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
can apply futop B cream on leg

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Welcome again.
I have seen all your pics.
Neck lesion has responded very well. Now you may apply the cream once a day only , over neck lesion.
This leg lesion can be a fresh insect bite. You may apply the same over the leg rash twice a day.

Usually its the allergic reaction due to insect bite that can precipitate red itchy lesions on other parts of body distant from the site of bite.
In your case, the leg rash seems to be a fresh bite.
If itchy, may take tab levocetrizine in night time.
Stay healthy.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 50 minutes later
can i apply futop cream on my leg lesions, can i cover it up with cotton and apply medical tape?

Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Futop B cream

Detailed Answer:
You can apply futop B cream over leg lesion. No need of application of any tape or bandage.