Suggest treatment for bleeding hemorrhoids and bloating

Gastroenterologist
Question
my hemorrhoid is bleeding. How do I stop it. Also, I have this feeling of bloating a couple days after taking electrolytes in preparation for a failed colonoscopy (but procedure is rescheduled at a future date). Thank you for your help.
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depletion of gut flora due to colonoscopy preperation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

For bloating i would suggest you to take probiotic like VSL# 3 twice daily.Colonoscopy preperation sometimes deplete the natural gut flora causing bloating belching etc.
Along with it take Omeprazole 40 mg once daily for next 5 days.
Regarding your bleed i would suggest you to use Hydrocortisone ointment locally in rectal canal.Its available as brand name Preperation H.
Along with it take Laxatives for few days as hard stools or straining may erode the mucosa of rectum.So a laxative and stool softener can be taken for few days.
A bulk forming agent would also lubricate stool passage like fybrogel.

Bleeing if not controlled even after that then in few days then consult a general surgeon asap.

Thanks!