Suggest treatment for bleeding gums and yellow teeth

Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S

Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery

Posted on Thu, 20 Nov 2014 in Dental Health
Question: About dental health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
dental health guidelines

Detailed Answer:
I would be happy to answer your query.

In general, dental health means it involves many things.
You should brush your teeth twice daily. You should rinse your mouth soon after eating anything. Consult a oral physician every six months and get your teeth cleaned once in a year. Avoid snacking between meals. Avoid sweets before going to sleep.
These are the possible measures to maintain dental health.

i hope my answer will help you. Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 10 minutes later
Hey , the question is there are some yellow stains that have formed in the lower teeth of my friend and that should have been due to smoking ( I am assuming.)

He quit smokin long back but these stains dont go.

he occassionally has bleeding gums. (very rare)

How to get rid of these

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
gum infection, scaling

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply.
The yellow stains can be because of the smoking and deposits. The bleeding gums are because of the gum infection secondary to the deposits over the teeth.
No need to panic. Consult a good oral physician and have your teeth cleaned (scaling and root planing). And follow the previously told guidelines for good dental health. Importantly, quit the habit of smoking.
I hope my answer will help you. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 55 minutes later
Like i said that is not for me. It is for my friend . And he quit smoking already .

And thank you for the reply.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Kumar T S 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scaling, oral hygiene.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your reply, If your friend has already quit the habit, then its good. Now get the teeth cleaned by consulting a oral physician and maintain oral hygiene.
I hope my answer will help you, take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D