Suggest treatment for bleeding after piercing navel

Dr. Rovena Murati

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: heyy I just got my belly button pierce n it was bleeding just a little , if I clean it with salt water will it stop bleeding and do it suppose to hurt when I clean it because I just got it
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

It is normal for a belly button piercing to be a little painful and have small amount of bleeding the first days after the piercing.
You don't need to worry .It is very important to clean very well and regularly the pierced area.Avoid using antiseptic lotions like Betadine,alcohol,hydrogen peroxide on the pierced area and antibacterial ointments.
Wash your hands before touching the piercing to prevent any infection.
You can use plain water with antibacterial soap to clean the area and once a day clean it with salt water.Always dry the area carefully after cleaning it.
Cleaning the pierced area with salt water it is not supposed to be very painful.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Dr.Rovena Murati