• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for bladder prolapse

default
Posted on Thu, 3 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi I do not hav bladder leakage or inconsistance my bladder is fine all test show it to be ok. my bladder hisdropped down to the vagina opening so low i feel it when I sit, I have a pissary but it is very uncomfortable what kind od surgery would help me? I have already had surgery by using my own muscles to hold it up but it dropped in about 3 months, can you help me
doctor
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Treatment alternatives

Detailed Answer:
Hello,

I understand your concern and I'm sorry you are going through this. Bladder prolapse surgery risks can sometimes outweigh the benefits or is not always completely successful. However there are several other alternatives I can suggest, but their effectiveness depends on the degree of the prolapse.
1. Hormone replacement therapy can be an effective alternative to surgery. Lack of estrogen after menopause leads to relaxed muscles in the pelvic area, leading to prolapse, so taking by estrogen may strengthen the muscles.
2. Kegel exercises if done properly and long enough can strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, this reducing the prolapse.
3. Physical therapy such as electrical stimulation or biofeedback has been know to give good results so I recommend you give it a try.
Ultimately, surgery is the most definitive solution, but only after having tried all the alternative treatments.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Wishing you good health and all the best.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
doctor
default
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 18 hours later
would please explain what surgeries are availavle. and how is the procedure done.
my prolapse is completely down when im standing which i believe would be a 3 or 4. what surgeries are available and how is the procedure done? i believe my proplapse is a three or 4 when i stand up,
doctor
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
See description below

Detailed Answer:
Usually, if there is no other problem that would require an incision across the tummy, the bladder is repaired through an incision in the wall of the vagina by pulling together the loose tissue in the prolapsed bladder. The bladder and the urethra are lifted to their normal position and then the wall of the vagina is repaired and strengthened.

Since bladder prolapse often occurs with the prolapse of other organs and structured of the pelvis, such as urethra, uterus, rectum or small bowel, they are also repaired during this procedure.

The success of this procedure is usually 80%. The other 20% experience a recurrence. To avoid this from happening, after the surgery there is some things you can do, such as avoid smoking, eat a healthy diet and maintain a healthy weight, avoid getting constipated by eating plenty of fiber and staying well hydrating, avoid strenuous activity and heavy lifting.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions.
Wishing you good health and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Ornela Ademovi

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2004

Answered : 738 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Alternative treatments

doctor1 MD

I just had a tooth pulled today and my dentist prescribed taking Azithromycin 250mg. He also removed the crown next to it. My family only believes...

doctor1 MD

i m 66 and have ed. whats the best advice for me

doctor1 MD

Hi, Last 7 months I diagnosed with macroedimoma 5cm, the prolatine was 84000, I treated with dostinex 0.5 twice a week, the tumor shrinking to...

doctor1 MD

since 2 mnths i m having accute hair loss .have gone thru tests which r all normal.i would like to know why my hair is falling? my age is 35/f,...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, I was suggested my one of the doctors to go for homeopathic treatment for my hair loss . Hence plz suggest a good clinic in chennai my...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

168 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ornela Ademovi
  • Q - What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting

  • Q - Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma

  • Q - What causes joint pain while on Requip?

  • Q - What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?

  • Q - What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist

  • Q - Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath

  • Q - What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?

backtotop2