Suggest treatment for black pimple like spot on inner thigh

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: hello,

I have a small black, pimple-like spot on my inner thigh. It is tender to touch. Discovered this morning. Any idea what it could be?
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is hair root infection. a course of antibiotics and painkillers is needed

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I understand your concerns about the pimple you have got on your thigh. In my opinion it is a hair root infection or any other skin gland infection. Its tender to touch, this proves that it is bacterial infection.

Don't worry it is a simple condition. You need to take care of hygiene of the pimple. You need to take a short course of antibiotic(penicillin group is good choice for this) and painkillers for three days.

Please visit your general practitioner and get it examined and get medicines prescribed.

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. I wish you good health. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia