Suggest treatment for black pimple like spot on inner thigh

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: hello,

I have a small black, pimple-like spot on my inner thigh. It is tender to touch. Discovered this morning. Any idea what it could be?
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is hair root infection. a course of antibiotics and painkillers is needed

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I understand your concerns about the pimple you have got on your thigh. In my opinion it is a hair root infection or any other skin gland infection. Its tender to touch, this proves that it is bacterial infection.

Don't worry it is a simple condition. You need to take care of hygiene of the pimple. You need to take a short course of antibiotic(penicillin group is good choice for this) and painkillers for three days.

Please visit your general practitioner and get it examined and get medicines prescribed.

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. I wish you good health. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 506 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Hair root infection

doctor1 MD

I discovered a lump on the left side of my head upon waking two days ago. It is tender to the touch, and feels like i hit it on something, the only...

doctor1 MD

A couple of weeks ago I engaged in protected sex using a condom but kissed and had unprotected oral sex on me and on her. It was a one night travel...

doctor1 MD

I am a 38 year old male married. I work in a cold weather area in extreme climate. For last three months i had itching rashes and reddening of...

doctor1 MD


i am suffering from hair root infection in my knee...its paining soo much and some fluid is coming out from it.. having swelling from thigh to...

doctor1 MD

I have a little discomfort on the right side of my glans...I'm not able to visualize the lesion because my foreskin is not getting retracted...

doctor1 MD

A little history to my concerns:
About two years ago, after having unprotected sex with a single partner for about a year and a half, I had...

doctor1 MD

I have a red pimple between my thigh and penis .. and pus comes out of it .. and pus is very smelly .. like rotten eggs or something ... can u plz...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction