Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for black eyes resulting from head injury

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
I fell, got a black eye. There is a dent in my eyebrow that is killing me. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Mild analgesic, warm compression. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. Black eyes resulting from head injuryafter fall is quite common and generally doesn't denote any seriousness. It occurs because of collection of blood around eyes since area around eyes is very loose and it is easy for blood to collect there. This blackness generally deepens over couple of days and then gradually fades away. The following situations may however signify seriousness and demand medical intervention Double vision, Increase of headache, Discharge from swelling, Oozing of blood from nose or ears, Loss of consciousness, Nausea or vomiting, Any change in behavior. Since you dont have any of these no need to worry. You can follow some the measures given below. 1. Hot compress in the area of injury and on the eye 2. Mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief. Small uncomplicated injuries usually resolve in 2-3 weeks. The dent may be due to soft tissue injury or due to fracture. So get done xray once to diagnose the problem and the management depends on it. Till then follow the above said measures. Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor