Suggest treatment for black dots on penis skin

Dr. Matthew J. Mangat

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello

I wrote you a few days ago about my HPV virus affecting my penis.
I am writing again because I am concern about some changes that happened.
I got 2 small black dots on the skin that covers the head and also a litte hurting rash lower down to the root. Is this normal?

I want to attach some photos, but where?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Veregen doesn't cure HPV genital warts.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX and welcome to HCM.
As an Urologist, i can understand your concern.
After going through the photos, which are not very clear, i'll advise the following:
1.Apply the ointment 3 times daily, over the skin,avoiding the urethra opening.
2.If you're having sex using condom, wash off the ointment, before use of condom.
3. Remember Veregen doesn't cure HPV genital warts, with sexual or skin contact.
4. Maximum period of use shouldn't exceed 4 months.
5. Avoid itching over the black spots seen or other areas affected.
Follow this advice, and you should be fine.
Follow up: Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 4 hours later
Hello

Thank you for your answer.

As I can see, the warts are getting smaller and smaller so the treatment works good. After they are gone, will I be still infecting my girlfriend by sexual or skin contact?

As I am now, do I infect others by touching them with my hand (for example) ? Or it's just the infected area that can cause infection?

I read somewhere that letting the ointment dry a liitle bit before covering it with the skin should increase the effect - I am doing it and I see big improvements. What do you think, is that correct?
Answered by Dr. Matthew J. Mangat 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can infect others till they disappear.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
After they're gone, i would suggest,you get it checked and confirmed by an Urologist
or Dermatologist.
Till such time, you can certainly infect others, by sexual and skin contact.
Yes, after applying the ointment, let it remain there for a while, before wearing your clothes.
It is used routinely in treatment of genital warts.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T