Suggest treatment for black bruise in the pelvic area

Dr. Endri Katro

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Lump
Question: i took a hard fall in the kitchen at work (it flooded). I have a bruise that is about the size of 3 fists. it is black. and goes all the way into my pelvic area. I did the splits. felt like i hit the butt bone. hard to sit. big knot
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking Healthcaremagic.

I saw the picture that you uploaded,and yes it was a hard fall. It is normal for the bruise to be formed after a trauma,and it will go away in a couple of weeks. Since it is hard to sit yes you have traumatized probably your tailbone and/or sacrum.

When did this happen. In these situations,there are two options:
-The first option is to put ice pads in the traumatized area for the next 48 hours,and than applying heat pads for the hematoma to be absorbed faster.
Paracetamol twice a day for the pain. Siting in soft,comfort places.

-The second option:If for the next 24 hours you don't feel any better,than it is advised to do an x-ray to be sure that there are no fractures bones in your pelvic region.

Remember: If one of these symptoms happens with the passing of the hours,seek immediate medical help:
-blood in your urine
-blood while having a bowel movement
-if the hematoma keeps growing

For any other question,don't hesitate to contact me.

Dr.Endri Katro

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Endri Katro 5 hours later
Thank you! It was on Wednesday, 3/15
Answered by Dr. Endri Katro 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is healing...

Detailed Answer:
Hello back.
Since it has been 5 days now from the fall,than the meatoma is in the process of healing and as I said,in a couple of weeks it will go away.

Put warm pads,warm towel to help with the provess. Also it would be great to massage it with heparinic cream. Sit down in soft and comfortables places.

Wish you the best.

Dr.Endri Katro
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng