Suggest treatment for black acne scars

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in Pigmentation Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,

For my cheeks I have small black marks in the middle region , those are caused due to pimples, now pimples got cleared but black marks still exist since 6 months.Can you please suggest a way to get rid of them.

Thanks & Regards
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Azaleic acid gel/ cream. Sessions of glycolic peel would be an added advant

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) is a common complication of acne. I suggest you to use an Azaleic acid 20% cream or gel e.g Aziderm 20% cream or gel, twice daily. Rub it in for a few seconds.
It is prescription product and I suggest that you use it under supervision of a dermatologist in your region. In addition, if possible you may also opt for a few sessions of glycolic acid chemical peeling from your treating dermatologist.