Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for bipolar disorder

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
i am bipolar patient and was treated with different mood stabilizers since 6 years abrubtly changing but nothing could help me in anyway , recently i was taking oxytel 300 for two times and the other things was serene(halophine ) and trihexy phelnadehye but immediately my parents shiffted me towards lithium. with an intake for 2 times and a total of 950 mg my skin issues became serious and i became completley restless and excitation increased which i did was huge before the latter medication, i guess m having sporosis in my groin and lower abdoment and fungal rings on my upper chestand lower breast line and my body started ittching after around 7-8 hours that i need to have a cetrizen( an anti allergic dose)
My NCCT report says " a mild diffue of cebral edema) on 06/07/2014
My xray report says: " dorsey-lumbar got stratignted due to my para spinal muscle spam on 06/07/2014
my eeg reort on 17/12/2013 says:
" alpha waves at 9 z, responsive alpha waves in the poestro- central leads,
slow waves and sharp slow waves are noted involving fronto central and parieto temporal leads on and off
:::" cerebral dysrhythmia"( I was on medication od Dr. DIBENDYU RAY)
i am in habit of hypnosis and subconsciousmind proramming and I am quite succesful,
i had left my doses for 6 months and again forcfully started this month.
Posted Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Oxytol should have been good

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Oxytol is a good drug and relatively safe mood stabilizer. If you were doing good on it then there should have been no reason to change it. Lithium is also a good drug but has certain side effects and exacerbation of psoriasis is one such.
I would advice that you should go back to the oxytol 600mg gradually with the information of your treating psychiattist.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for bipolar disorder 33 hours later
hello doctor,
please give me a full prescription for 1 week at least, to survive and also please check that any physcotric drug should don't increase my body weight and also make my skin dull with hell lot of pimples and blemishes, just for 1-2 weeks give me a prescription, m coming down to NIHMANS and MANIPAL hospital as soon as possible, help me doctor please, my brain waves vibrations are day by day getting worse, please also make sure that those drugs don't make my brain dull with disturbance in handwriting and talking skills ....please also refer me to manipal and nimhans both, i would like to stay in manipal and treat with nimhans
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Prescription is not possible

Detailed Answer:
we would like to inform you that health care magic is an online forum and we are not supposed to prescribe you medcines without physically examining you. These rules are meant for the safety of the consumer. So sincere apologies from our side about the inability to provide you with a prescription.
However you may meet a local psychiatrist and get a prescription for 7 days until you plan to go to a premier institute like NIMHANS. Both Manipal and Nimhans are far from each other and you cannot take treatment from both. Choose one and stick to the treatment of that doctor.
Kind regards
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor