• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for bilateral hip avascular necrosis

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Diagnosed on XXXXXXX 25 2017 with bilateral hip avascular necrosis. I am 60 yr Black female. Mri and CT Scans shows Right hip with more than 25% and left hip less than 25%. In pain at rest and with movement. This all started after an auto accident , 2yrs ago. I started experiencing pain when walking, standing, driving in my right leg 8 months after accident. I am not a drinker or smoker, (never have), nor do I have sickle cell or lupus verified by blood labs. What options are available for treatment for me? What caused blow flow to stop?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Send me MRI AND CT scan report.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

I n my opinion you are having avascular necrosis of hip.

Since you already visit orthopaedic surgeon, and he advise you Replacement Surgery, it means something.

Orthopaedic surgeon always see MRI report for grading of avascular necrosis of hip joint and do its grading and then always advise whether surgery is needed or not, that's what your orthopedician did, also he must have did your physical examination.

If you want another opinion send me the report of MRI and CT SCAN I will give you my opinion.

Other wise no way to treat avascular necrosis of hip to be treated by medication or acupuncture, these are thing of past.

Only way to lead a happy life for you is to have replacement surgery, if you don't get replacement at this stage then in later stage it will be somewhat more painfull and results will also be not as much upto the mark.

Secondly the cause of your pain or avascular necrosis may be due to previous trauma, which eventually leads to that problem.

So I advise you not to ignore all that I have explained to you.

I hope you got the point.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1041 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Acupuncture

doctor1 MD

i have migraine problem since 2005, recently i took a treatment for this through acupressure....... i thought i am alright and now again since past...

doctor1 MD

I am looking for relief from itching for my husband. This has been going on for 16 months and he has seen every specialist there is, including...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have been having headache and neck pain and heaviness on the back of head. Sometimes it is heard to lift my head. I visited a doctor who does...

doctor1 MD

I have R.S.D. & I have not been able to financially keep up with that condition (for me acupuncture , massage therapy & exercise are my preferred...

doctor1 MD

Is it worth it to try hemp oil for pain and if so, what qualities should I be looking for?. Can you recommend a product. What makes the price...

doctor1 MD

I had a mirena iud inserted in 2008 after my son was born and a 2nd, five years later in 2013. 6 months after I had the mirena put in, i was...

doctor1 MD

Hello, in August, I fell on a wet sidewalk in Switzerland and landed very hard on my butt. I felt a surge go up my spine and into my head, and had...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Chander Mohan Singh
  • Q - What does MRI report taken after lower limb pain suggest?

  • Q - Suggest dosage of albendazole 400mg for thread worm?

  • Q - What is the treatment for aritis spine,hoarseness in voice,heavy chest...

  • Q - Which surgeon should I consult for torn ligaments?

  • Q - Should I consult a doctor for raised black knot on side after a fall?

  • Q - Will I be disabled due to arm and carpel tunnel surgery?

  • Q - Can injury from the left leg cause the damage to right knee after...

  • Q - What is the treatment for painful boil in nose for insulin dependents?

  • Q - Is it possible that previous knee injuries cause problems in hip joint?

  • Q - What is the cause for pain and burning sensation in right arm and thigh?