question-icon

Suggest treatment for bilateral acute suppurative otitis media

Posted on Sat, 26 Jul 2014
Question: Was diagnosed with double ear infections on Monday XXXXXXX 30th. Was given Antibiotics and ear drops. Woke up today with a extremely painful sore throat. Is this something that all that will be corrected with those meds or do i need to contact my dr. They werent in yesterday because the holiday.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma (43 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Bilateral ASOM due to oropharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the bilateral acute suppurative otitis media (ASOM) due to oropharyngitis.

According to me there are need to add some drugs with those medicines
1. Systemic and Local nasal decongestant.
2. Warm saline gargles.
3. Avoid cold drinks, cold water and ice cream.
After the course of three days if condition persist then go for the throat swab- culture and antibiotic sensitivity and proper antibiotic according to the report.
If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.

Thanks

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist