Suggest treatment for benign positional vertigo

Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I appear to have benign positional vertigo...I have had it before. I have taken one 5 mg Valium which is suppose to assist. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate these symptoms that come and go.
Answered by Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Help for BPPV

Detailed Answer:

I have had benign paroxysmal positional vertigo too - very unpleasant!

If you have had it before and know that is what you are dealing with now, I recommend a series of positional exercises. I've had success with patients who have BPPV doing these with with very good results.

Here is a video of the positional movements to do. It will not "link" (won't show up blue) here in this post, so you will need to copy and paste the link into your address bar and go to it that way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VWyPgfMuvM

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can provide further information.