Suggest treatment for bed bug bites on the soles of the feet

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: Can you get flea or bed bug bites in the soles of your feet? I'm thinking it might actually be scabies
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can,but please send a photo of the affected area...

Detailed Answer:
Hi my dear,

I understand your concern.

Can you please provide the photo of the soles of the feet where you might have the rash? In this way, I can say for sure if it is a case of scabies or another problem.

To your information, both flea/bed bug bites and scabies can cause itching and redness on the soles of the feet.

Looking forward to have the requested picture in.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
They have crusted over since this morning, no ticks around or found on body.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not scabies,but a bug/flea bites....

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

Thank you for providing the requested photos.

I have gone through them and noted the rash. Taking into account the location and what I've seen, they do not seem like scabies but more to flea bites.

I advise to:
- change your clothes everyday
- wash your sheets and bed cover every day and separately from other clothes
- wash your clothes separately to others
- apply calamine lotion locally together with neomycin and hydrocortisone cream locally
- take oral antihistaminic to reduce inflammation and itchiness

Remember keeping good hygiene is the key to getting better.
Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Thank you thats what i did. Im a school nurse and this was a student. Recommened all those things yesterday snd they are much better today. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Happy to know the patients are better now...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back my dear,

I am happy they are better now.

Wish them fast recovery.

Please close this discussion if no more queries.
Dr.Albana