• question-icon

Suggest treatment for basal cell cancer

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Cancer
Question: Hi, I am a 70 year old man in good health.

I had a basal cell cancer on my face successfully removed by Moh's surgery.

My Dermatologist recommended that for recurring basal cell cancers, Niacinamide be taken, 500 mg. twice a day.

I took only one 500 mg. capsule yesterday, and I had a reaction with flushing of the skin and itching. I have not taken and will not take another one.

Today, I have a moderate red rash on my lower legs. It does not itch. How long will it take for this rash to go away. My dermatologist is at an inconvenient distance away, and I prefer not making the trip if the rash will go away soon on its own.

Thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:

To be most helpful, kindly upload an image for review. This way, i can provide a personalized and helpful response to you. Seeing the rash is very helpful for this. However, most drug related rash will not require specific medical treatment.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Chobufo Ditah