Suggest treatment for baldness

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was using hair bless topical solution that has 5% minoxidil and aminexil.
And using cobadex and estemo tablets to stop hair loss and increase hair growth.
When I applied Hair Bless over night and shampooed the next day I noticed that much more hair was falling as compared to before. I told my doctor about this and he told me to stop hairbless topical solution but continue on estemo and cobadex... Please advise. What should I do? I am 23 years old and am having stage 4 baldness.. which has happened rapidly over the last 2 years... What are my options..? I have a scalp issue of sebahorric dermatitis which comes and goes. I use onabet shampoo for 2 days as suggested by the doctor and the dermatitis problem reduces. What can I do to stop my hair loss..? Is hair regrowth possible? What options do I have for regrowth? How can I get rid of sebahorric dermatitis permanently.I had a very thick set of hair till 2 years back.
Thank you..
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
As you have advanced stage hair fall, I am quite not satisfied with your doctor's prescription.
In such cases of baldness in males, I usually prefer starting my patients on
Tablet finesteride 1 mg or dutasteride 0.5 mg daily
A hair supplement like keraglow men/androangen/follihair new. Estemo too is a hair supplement
Minoxidil 10 percent solution 1ml twice in a day. Initially minoxidil may increase hair shedding but this transient and stops in two to three weeks.

This prescription is usually continued for six months to an year. In between we call the patients to assess response. if response is suboptimal then procedures like mesotherapy with minoxidil, platelet rich plasma, stem cell factors can be tried. If still response is not good, then hair transplant is the only option.

Hope this helped.