• question-icon

Suggest treatment for balanitis in an elderly person

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX am 56 years old
About two years ago I had an infection on my penis like blisters my doctor treat me balanitis infection he gave me different types of medications at the end he prescribe acyclovir after that it help. That medication is for herpes he send me for blood test for herpes and the test came positive for herpes 1 and negative for herpes 2 maybe that I infected with genital herpes 1.
I was doing ok until two months ago I started to get some pain on my penis and some redness the pain when away and most of the redness. My problem know is that my penis started to get sticky and spreading to my testicular sack and also my penis dose not goes back to its normal size its stays a little larger than before . Is this a new problem that can be treated?
Thank You XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:

Kindly upload an image of your penis for review. This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response to you. Without reviewing an image, am afraid the response might be very generic and maybe not exactly applicable to you. For this reason, I will like you to upload an image as directed below.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 days later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
This looks okay to me!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the attached image and the results. The penis looks fine and the only concern might be that feeling which is hard to evaluate here. I'm not sure there is something too worrisome at this time. I will not advise any specific doctor’s visit at this time but please remember to bring it up to your doctor.

Also, please note that there is no active sign of herpes 1 here at this time.

Be relaxed and calm about this. Let’s monitor more and see if something else comes up.

Kind regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah