Suggest treatment for bad cough and wheezing along with shortness of breath

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had a bad cough and wheezing and short of breath when I walk my dog. I have been spitting up a lot of yellow stuff and am taking over the counter medication. what can I do to get rid of this?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
cardiac related issues or allergic bronchitis...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

With the symptoms you have described I do strongly feel you could be having either cardiac related problems or allergic bronchitis.

Cardiac conditions in your age could be the prime cause of cough and breathlessness during stress. I would suggest you to consult your doctor for a thorough evaluation rather than taking OTC medicines unnecessarily. The earlier you consult the doctor the better it would be for you.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist