question-icon

Suggest treatment for bad breath

Posted on Wed, 23 Jul 2014
Question: I am suffering from bad breath also
experiencing pain or discomfort to teeth from hot drinks, cold drinks or ice cream.
I
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (19 hours later)
Brief Answer:
CHLORHEXIDINE

Detailed Answer:

Do gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food for a week. This will reduce the bad breath for sure.

For sensitive teeth you may have to consult your dentist to rule out any cavities or masked caries. Sensitive teeth is a sign for caries. Chlorhexidine does help by reducing the infective agents but it is good for you to consult your dentist once.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T (2 days later)
Hi

Thanks for reply.
my concern is, will it solve problem permanataly and how many days i need to use this solution.

Thanks,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T (2 days later)
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Sorry for the delay in my response,

Yes, for sure it does solve the problem permanently. Do repeat the gargle every month once for 6 months.

Dr. Raju A.T