Suggest treatment for backache
You are suffering from degenerative disc disease.
Thanks for writing to HCM
I have thoroughly gone through your findings in detail.
You have degenerative disc disease of lumbar spine.It is bit early in your case.
Degenerative changes occurs in spine due to aging and development of weakness in annulus fibrosis.
1.L5 vertebra is sacralized.It means L5 vertebra is now a part of scarum.This is a normal variant.
2.L5-S1 disc is rudimentary.It means,it is not well developed.
3.At L3-4 level,there is broad based posterior disc bulge which is indenting the thecal sac and it is encroaching left lateral neural foramen where it is touching exiting nerve roots.There is also ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and mild facet arthropathy.
4.At L4-5 level,there is also broad based posterior disc bulge which is indenting the thecal sac.There is no compression over neural foramen at this level.There is also mild ligamentum flavum hypertrophy and mild facet arthropathy.
5.At D12-L1 level,there is minimal posterior disc bulge.
Majority of the cases of degenerative spine disease are benefited by physiotherapy.So,physiotherpay should be tried first.It causes strengthening of Para spinal muscles and it prevents further changes.
Surgery should be the last option.
There are also medicines like capsule pregabalin available for pain relief.
Treatment can be planned after consultation with neurosurgeon.
Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low backache l4 and l5 ayurvedic treatment
- What is the treatment for severe backache
- Treatment and cure for backache
- Native treatment of backache nelmangala
- Suggest backache treatment and can mastrubation be the cause
- Suggest treatment for lower backache
- Treatment and cure for Upper backache
- Having lower backache bulky uterus with asymmetrical thickening treatment
- Suggest treatment for stomach cramps backache and dizziness
- Treatment and cure for persistant backache