• question-icon

Suggest treatment for back pain

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: My husband took a backwards faa, when he wanted to go back into his bed, but misses an fall
Hitting his upper back on tje lower edge od the bed, was slightly bleeding with a long scretch
On his back. Now he is in bad pain and also pain in his chest, should he go to tje emergency room?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a fractured vertebra.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the back after the fall can be a muscle pain due to soft tissue injury or a fracture of vertebra. This can be properly diagnosed only after an X-ray or MRI scan. It is best to attend an ER for proper investigations and treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon