Suggest treatment for back pain

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Back Pain
Question: My back is having mild pain, not akways. When i bend or seat on floor then I feel lityle bit uncomfort . Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle strain likely.

Detailed Answer:
Back muscle strain is one of the MOST common causes of acute to severe lower back pain. Lifting a heavy object, twisting, or a sudden movement can cause muscles or ligaments stretch or develop microscopic tears.
TREATMENT: Some general guidelines can help you to reduce lower back pain. These are as follows:
1) Take adequate bed REST with maintaining posture. Individuals who do not regularly exercise to build strength and flexibility are more likely to experience recurrent or prolonged lower back pain.

2) Alternate Hot water bottle or Ice pack can help to relieve most types of low back pain by reducing inflammation.

3) Non-Steroid Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) are quite useful to reduce inflammation and back pain. You need proper prescription from your doctor.

4) Exercise for Lower Back Pain : It is a key element of almost any lower back pain treatment plan. You may contact with Physiotherapist regarding this.

It includes 3 components: aerobic conditioning, stretching, and strengthening. The exercises are done through a controlled, progressive program to build more strong and flexible spine.
Do get proper muscle relaxants prescribed in case the pain is persistent after an examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal