Suggest treatment for back pain

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hi, for the last 4 months i have suffering from back pain just below the spinal cord. actually, i was sitting one day at my bed and my kid who is 2 years old and weigh around 12 kg was playing near to me. then while sitting at bed i took him up to bring him to bed. from that time there is a pain in my back and i am not able to bend properly. when i sit and then get up i can get up straight. it pains while getting up. please suggest the solution. thanks
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

How was your day?
Hope this message finds you in good health.

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern.

I generally see many cases like this at my clinic.I give them rest,analgesics,anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack till the symptoms reduce to some extent. Then i get an xray and if necessary an mri done to find out the exact reason.

In your case,there are 3 possibilities-

POSSIBILITY 1. SOFT TISSUE INFLAMMATION- there may be no bony involvement,only the soft tissues around the region might be inflammed that may be causing the pain

POSSIBILITY 2. NEUROPATHY- there may be a partial or complete inflammation of the nerves in that region that may be the root cause of such kind of pain.

POSSIBILITY 3. DISC PROLAPSE-there may be a compressed a nerve in the spine somewhere that might be causing radiating pain in those regions.Possibility of a disc prolapse should be kept in mind.

I suggest you get an Xray as well as an MRI done to find out the exact cause.
Physiotherapy,analgesics,anti-inflammatory drugs should help till then.
Do get back to me after ur reports are ready.

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.     
I hope your question has been answered.
Feel free to consult me anytime for follow-up queries. Take care,God bless.
Wish you a healthy life : )
If you do not have any clarifications,you can close the discussion.

Kind Regards..
Dr Mahaveer Patil,
Consulting Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon

-     If you were satisfied and happy with my answer ,PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER AND LEAVE YOUR SINCERE FEEDBACK .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj