Suggest treatment for back pain
Muscle sprain, pleuritic chest pain
thanks for your question. the most common cause of this type of pain is a strain of the muscle in your chest wall. an antiinflammatory medication should help.
if you feel unwell with the pain eg if you have shortness of breath, a fever or a productive cough I would seek medical attention as pain associated with these symptoms can also be caused by inflammation inside the chest from an infection or a clot on the lung. we call this pleuritic chest pain.
these symptoms would be investigated with a chest X-ray and some blood work initially and possibly an EKG.
I hope this anwers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for muscular back pain
- Suggest treatment for sudden back pain
- Terrible back pain suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic back pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain and cramps
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for back pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest treatment for mechanical back pain
- Suggest treatment for muscle tear
- What does a heart rate of 150 beats per minute during pregnancy indicate?
- Suggest treatment to repair Achilles' tendon
- Suggest treatment for pain due to familial hypermobility syndrome
- What causes knee pain in a toddler?
- Is muscle and joint pain with weakness symptoms of fibromyalgia?
- What causes pain in ribs under the breast area?
- What causes stiffness on upper back and shoulder blades?
- Sugggest treatment for muscle spasms in back and neck
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and back pain