question-icon

Suggest treatment for back pain causing the inability to walk

Posted on Sat, 23 May 2015
Question: Is my back pain an energenvcy? I can,t walk across the room without pain
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
not an emergency but work up is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome
Pain for itself is not an emergency if there isnt associated loss of sensation in legs.
If this is chronic pain that increased now and aggravated by movements then this is not unusual in your age and may indicate spien degenerative issues. But if pain is sudden and associated with tingling in legs then it may be disc bulge and you should do MRI of spine sooner or later. WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon