Suggest treatment for back pain and numbness in arm and fingers

Posted on Mon, 3 Aug 2015 in Back Pain
Question: I used to feel some backpain a few days back. Then numbness started in lower(below elbow) left arm and now I can also sense some numbness in my left leg.

I consulted doctor when I was having hand numbness, he said it's a case of some pinched nerve and prescribed me maxgabn and ventab. I am on medic for 2 days now and my leg has also started feeling numb with no improvement in hand's condition.

Is the diagnosis correct or could be some other case? How long does it take to recover in cases like these?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes due to compression of spinal nerve root there can be numbness sensation

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.
Yes due to compression of spinal nerve root there can be numbness sensation in your arm and fingers.
I will advise you to MRI whole spine for better diagnosis.

This may take 2 to 3 weeks to reduce numbness.

Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to neck and back. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 10 minutes later
Can I take any b12 supplement capsule like cobadex without testing? If yes then please prescribe the correct one
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can take

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You can take B12 supplements like methylcobalamin 1500mcg once daily consulting your doctor.

Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 3 days later
I am facing constipation after taking the medicines doctor prescribed me. Can I eat some medic to help?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
you can take triphala.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
you can take triphala.
you can take syp cremaffin consulting your doctor.
I hope I have answered your questions. If you have further questions please feel free to contact us. I will be happy to answer. Take care.
Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon