Suggest treatment for back pain and leg pain

Posted on Tue, 10 Nov 2015 in Back Pain
Question: Suffer from back pain and leg pain. attached the report what is the next step
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
spondyloarthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
It seems that you have spondyloarthritis, you need to see a rheumatologist as soon as possible
get an Xray pelvis -AP view and HLA-B27 test
also just check whether you or any near family member suffering from Psoriasis

Hope this will help

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 59 minutes later
Thanks Dr. Alokkalyani, I have uploaded all my test reports along with MRI today which has been done in Apex hospital. Please note almost a month now after having all test done and taking medicine alongwith injection. did you check my medical reports. My Uric Acid has increase from 5.8 to 6. I not taking any exercise and theraphy. My paid goes down when i take medicine but there is shallow in leg ankel which causing pain. In my family no has bone and spine related disorder. Can review and let me know the current line of treatment is ok or is ther any area of improvment.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
spondyloarthritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I checked your all tests, these are actually not required, you have a different problem.

uric acid is not related to the problem you are having

believe me, you need 2 simple tests, which I wrote in my previous answer.
and yes, till you get your report, just try -- naprosyn 500 mg twice daily.

let me know about reports and response of treatment

take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Now i am confused my treating doctor SK XXXXXXX chairman/head of Ortho treatment and dignosis is not line as per my problem. I hv spent almost 30 k in my first visit. this is not related to PIVD. What about my current medicine and injection shall i stop that? Please advise should i change the current treatment ? In my case what should i do now before these test which you have written.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
spondyloarthritis

Detailed Answer:
why are you so confuse
Are you getting any benefit from present treatment?
PIVD is not presented like this
Your clinical feature and investigations are not supporting PIVD. MRI FEATURES ARE VERY SUBJECTIVE..
For me, you have a clear cut diagnosis of spondyloarthritis (ankylosing spondyloarthritis), just go for HLA-B27 test by PCR method and a xray of pelvis -AP and send to me
meanwhile continue only naprosyn 500 mg twice daily, rest medicines can be stopped as they are not benefiting you.
YOU SPEND A LOT OF MONEY WITHOUT BENEFIT, NOW JUST 2 TESTS ONLY AND TAKE MY MEDICINES FOR 3 DAYS ONLY--- YOU WILL SEE THE RESPONSE..

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist