• question-icon

Suggest treatment for back pain after injury

Posted on Fri, 2 Jan 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello sir
Few days back i fell down and got some back pain. Now i can't sit for long time, unable to run fast. if I do i am getting pain in the backbone. what is the remedy?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
X-ray is recommended if pain is not reducing

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for posting
I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Based on the symptoms, the suffering could well be due to muscle strain/stiffness. My suggestion would be to have-Hot water fomentation, avoid prolong sitting, Ibuprofen along with muscle relaxant (prescription only) drug thiocolchicoside will help. Your local phrmacist/GP might know about them.It usually takes 2-3 weeks time to recover.
Hope this helps.

Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 28 hours later
Thank you sir
I consulted a doctor he said backbone become weak and it will be cured after few days he said. so after a few days back i am again getting pain. so is that die to weakness ?what should i do? if so what are the possibilities for strengthening backbone? else what is the cause of that?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Xray is recommended to rule out fracture

Detailed Answer:
Hello
You are welcome
I have gone through your reply and it is must to have X-ray ,if the injury was significant and pain is not reducing with time.
Your back can be strengthened by by regular exercises, vitamin D and calcium. The usual recommended dose of vitamin D is once a week (sachet calcirol 60,000 K) with a glass of milk for 3 months and calcium 1000mg/day.
The weakness of spine is caused by poor diet, lack of exercises and bad posture.
Hope this helps.
Get well soon.
Follow up: Dr. Mukesh Chugh 10 minutes later
ok thank you sir and what kind of exercise should i do ?
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Chugh 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As follows

Detailed Answer:
Hi
You are welcome
The exercises can be learned from physiotherapist. I usually advise the yoga (surya namaskar) exercises. These can be easily found online (internet) but should be done under guidance.
For any future queries,you may log in at my profile http://bit.ly/drmchugh
God bless you.
Dr. Mukesh Chugh

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement