Suggest treatment for back and shoulder pain
Thank you for your opinion. YYYY@YYYY
Can be due to cervical spondylosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain on the back and shoulder can be related to muscle spasms or cervical spondylosis. You should do following to have relief -
-At least have an x ray of cervical spine. Best will be to have a MRI of spine.
-Wear a cervical collar. This will at least give rest to your strained muscles.
-Avoid bending your neck at abnormal position for long time, like on computer.
-Do warm water fomentation with help of water bag over your neck.
-Test for levels of vitamin B12, If low do take Vitamin B12 supplements.
-Take help of a physiotherapist .He will be able to give your relief by intermittent traction, ultrasonic therapy etc.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL XXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain and swelling
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain
- Smoking back shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for joint pain and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck and shoulder pain
- Suggest treatment for arm and shoulder pain due to injury
- Back of shoulder pain diagnosis
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for shoulder pain after accidental fall
- Left back shoulder pain