Suggest treatment for back acne

Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 5 Dec 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi I also have a bad problem with back acne. would love something to fix it. been to the doctor and taken four 3 courses of doxyline pils. comes back every time . im 24 and so sick of having teenagers skin.
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need for regular treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Your problem is basically that of acne corporis or body acne .
This type of acne requiresong term and regular treatment.
Since you had developed recurrence after doxycycline, you can discuss the need for other alternative drugs with your treating dermatologist .Azithromycin,minocycline or retinoids are other agents which can help in your case .
Also you have not mentioned if you are applying any topical drugs over the lesions since topical therapy is very important in its treatment .
You should avoid application of any oils or moisturisers over the affected area .
Adult acne usually tend to decrease after the age of 25 ,so the lesions should settle with treatment.

Dr Geetika Paul