Suggest treatment for autoimmune thyroid disorder

Question
Hello doctor,my own sister's daughter recentlu dergone thyroid test.since she is gaining weight much we did the test.when she born we did the thyroid test and it was normal.but recent report is abnormal.we are worrying after seeing the results.kindly suggest.we are not sure what report indicates.any thing to worry?can this be cured with medicines?iamadding the reports.kindly advise.
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be self limiting autoimmune thyroiditis.

Detailed Answer:
Significantly increased concentrations most frequently indicate thyroid autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto thyroiditis and Graves disease.
I recommend thyroid ultrasound to confirm autoimmune thyroiditis.
These tests are of value when a child is found to have an elevated TSH level, as a very high level of antibodies strongly suggests a diagnosis of autoimmune thyroiditis.
Thyroiditis is a common condition that is usually mild and self-limiting.
Treatment depends on the type of thyroiditis (Hashimoto thyroiditis, Subacute thyroiditis, Painless thyroiditis, Suppurative thyroiditis, Riedel thyroiditis) and the clinical presentation, but in most cases no treatment is necessary.
Hope i helped you.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for autoimmune thyroid disorder 21 hours later
thanks much sir.will do the mentioned test and consult the doctor

Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
my pleasure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
I'm happy to help you in future also.
I hope the child will recover fast.
Regards.