Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for autoimmune thyroid disorder

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 631 Questions
Hello doctor,my own sister's daughter recentlu dergone thyroid test.since she is gaining weight much we did the test.when she born we did the thyroid test and it was normal.but recent report is abnormal.we are worrying after seeing the results.kindly suggest.we are not sure what report indicates.any thing to worry?can this be cured with medicines?iamadding the reports.kindly advise.
Posted Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
may be self limiting autoimmune thyroiditis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Significantly increased concentrations most frequently indicate thyroid autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto thyroiditis and Graves disease.
I recommend thyroid ultrasound to confirm autoimmune thyroiditis.
These tests are of value when a child is found to have an elevated TSH level, as a very high level of antibodies strongly suggests a diagnosis of autoimmune thyroiditis.
Thyroiditis is a common condition that is usually mild and self-limiting.
Treatment depends on the type of thyroiditis (Hashimoto thyroiditis, Subacute thyroiditis, Painless thyroiditis, Suppurative thyroiditis, Riedel thyroiditis) and the clinical presentation, but in most cases no treatment is necessary.
Hope i helped you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for autoimmune thyroid disorder 21 hours later
thanks much sir.will do the mentioned test and consult the doctor
Answered by Dr. Omprakash Ashokrao Deshmukh 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
my pleasure.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the follow up.
I'm happy to help you in future also.
I hope the child will recover fast.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor