Suggest treatment for atrophic rhinitis
My husband has lot of dried mucus (scrape) in his right nostril which was dark-red in color. It keeps coming every morning from last four days. And it is not allowing him to breathe properly. Also, he is complaining about throat infection for which he took Zylera and Lanol- ER in last 2 days and the condition is better now. But the irritation in nose still persist. What could be the reason and what is the cure?
May be suffering from the rhinitis with crust formation
I have gone through your question and understand your concern; it suggests that most probably your husband may be suffering from the rhinitis with crust formation.
If I were the treating doctor of your husband then I would like to prescribe
1. Netiwash nasal wash once a day.
2. Liquid paraffin nasal drop 2 drops five times a day and
3. Steam inhalation.
I would also like to suggest that discuss with your ENT specialist for above mentioned prescription and for nasal endoscopy if necessary.
Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
Thank you for answering my query and sorry for the late reply from my side.
I will contact our ENT specialist to check for the mentioned prescription.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Chronic atrophic rhinitis
- What is the treatment of atrophic rhinitis
- Natural cure for atrophic rhinitis
- Symptoms of atrophic rhinitis
- Chronic atrophic rhinitis causes
- Symptoms of Chronic atrophic rhinitis
- Atrophic rhinitis causes
- Diagnosis of atrophic rhinitis
- Treatment of atrophic rhinitis
- Treatment and cure for atrophic rhinitis