Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
It can become larger - may need surgery
Hi....if ASD is a small one it should have closed by now. If it has not closed and if it is becoming larger and as the kid is already 4 years old, he might require surgery.
Can you upload the report copy of the two echos please.
Reg - Dr. Sumanth
I need th elatest copy too - old report report itself indicates closure
Hi...I need the new report too. But the old report itself is an indication for closure as the ratio is 2:1.
Not all children with an atrial septal defect are candidates for surgery, which is only indicated for those children with clinically significant left-to-right shunting. In general, a pulmonary-to-systemic flow ratio of 1.5:1 or more is considered the principal indication for surgical repair.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vyvanse and atrial septal defect
- Diagnosis of atrial septal defect
- Atrial septal defect causes
- Atrial septal defect and exercise
- Atrial septal defect closure
- Atrial septal defect in adults
- Pathophysiology of atrial septal defect
- Treatment and cure for atrial septal defect
- Ayurvedic treatment for atrial septal defect
- Ayurveda treatment for atrial septal defect
- Suggest treatment for viral diarrhea in children
- What causes pain in both the legs of a 4 year old child?
- Suggest treatment for atrial septal defect in children
- What causes bad body odor while suffering from fever?
- What causes eye bleeding while coughing in children?
- Suggest remedy for frequent infections in children
- What causes severe cough, vomiting and stomach pain in a child?
- Is air travel safe while suffering from ear infection?
- Does intake of Wymox help in curing viral fever in an infant?
- Are green diarrhea and pus cells in stool signs of bacterial infection?