question-icon

Suggest treatment for atrial fibrillation and heart failure

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: I have afib and heart failure. Visited my cardiologist about 6 month ago and was referred to a PA who gave me a cursory exam. No ecg. No scripts. come back in 6 mo. Did and saw the doctor. Nurse took BP. Was like 120/80. Another cursory exam. Listened to my chest. No ecg. No scripts. Come back in a year. I have a pacemaker. Is this normal treatment?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No this isn't the normal treatment...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

The normal treatment and follow up should contain physical examination with HR and BP measuring, ECG recording and cardiac ECHO every sixth months.

My advice is to discuss with your cardiologist and PA. If them refuse to do so than my advise is to change your doctor.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist