Suggest treatment for atherosclerosis

Posted on Fri, 20 Feb 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Diagnosed today with renal uroliths bilaterally on CT scan due to 3 days of unexplained hematuria. However, on CT scan, the report said there was calcification of my aorta. Im in excellent health, no high blood pressure, lipid profile and cholesterol have always been excellent, I run marathons and 1/2 martahons, and I lift weights regularly along with running. No history of heart murmurs or any other cardiovascular malady. However, I am greatly concerned over this incidental CT finding. Any thoughts on this for me? Im 48 and my body fat % is 15. I do not have diabetes.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You shouldn't worry, continue with healthy lifesty

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

This findings on ct is normal at your age and is due to atherosclerosis and calcification of aorta.

Atherosclerosis is a biological process which begin in the early years of life and continue through entire life. It can only be controlled by healthy lifestyle, diet and exercise (as you already do) but you can't stop it.

As long as you're symptomless I suggest to keep going with healthy lifestyle, diet and sport.

Wish you health!
Dr.Benard
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist