• question-icon

Suggest treatment for astigmatism

Posted on Mon, 7 Jul 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: hi Doctor, My Daughter who is 3 and 1/2 year old is having cylindrical power, please find the below details..
for right eye : CYL:2, Axis :10,/A 3/15 and for left eye CYL:1, Axis 170, V/A:3/12, I wish to understand that can we cure cylindrical power, if yes please suggest me the way to proceed.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Astigmatism

Detailed Answer:
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Your daughter has what we call as astigmatism.This is a condetion which is not cured but we have to get the best possible visual acuity under the given situation.In this condetion there is a difference in curvature og major axis of the globe,the objects are not focused on t situationthe retina and glasses are needed.
To start with the prescription is about a year old so let have an assessement of the latest situation and have a new checkup to see the progress.
Glasses wre to be worn all the time.
Take cere of the general health of the child including proper balanced diet.
Have regular checkups to know the progress.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist