Suggest treatment for aspiration problem
Try non pharmacological therapy
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Looking at the medical history and query, my opinion is as follows:
1. The closing of esophagus appears to be due to gastro esophageal reflux disease.
2. Pepcid is ideal. Hope you are taking it twice daily. You can use antacids to reduce further acidity. Antacids can affect other medications absorption, be careful about it.
3. Additionally, you need him to follow certain non pharmacological therapies like
A. Give him food in multiple small meals. And very slowly.
B. Avoid spicy or sour foods.
C. Relaxation and slow breathing exercises to relieve tension. Tension will increase esophagus closing.
D. Avoid tight clothing around abdomen.
E. Avoid sodas, coffee, Orange and tomatoes which can increase acidity.
Avoid any risk of aspiration, and choking as infection of lung will be critical at this age.
If painful, cold milk, juice etc can be used.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sinus problem
- Suggest treatment for gallbladder problem
- Suggest the treatment for erection problem
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for urethra problem
- Suggest treatment for blood count problems
- Suggest treatment for gastric problem
- Having problems with memory suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for problem passing stools
- Suggest treatment for acidity problem