Suggest treatment for ascites belly
I have a problem with my ascites belly.
Had it drained last week and as usual its filling up again. Its not too big yet, only a significant belly bulge, about a seven pound weight gain since draining.
What is unusual is that its very hard/solid. Also feel a lot more pressure than I usually do at this size belly. It is extremely difficult to do anything but sit in a reclined position. If I sit up properly it pushes up and I find it hard to breath. If I stand it pushes down and causes pain in bottom of belly.
This is not usual for size my belly is at the moment more like it would be when I'm huge and just before being drained.
What could cause such difference to usual? Why so much more discomfort? I don't understand.
Any help's appreciated. Thank you.
Post rapid drainage you can get that feeling
Two things which can cause such symptoms are rapid drainage or if there are associated pleural effusions.
The feeling you described when sitting upright makes me suspicious of pleural effusions.Pleural effusions are common in cases of ascitis.
Effusions along with ascitis even in moderate amounts cause more discomfort and pressure than ascitis alone.
I would suggest you to get ultrasound of bothe both abdomen and chest down to know quantity of fluid.
Hope this helps.Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ascites treatment in cirrhosis
- Treatment and cure for Malignant ascites
- Belly fat or ascites the difference
- Ascites vs belly fat
- Treatment and cure for ascites
- Ascites or belly fat
- Suggest treatment to remove ascites
- Is bumex used in the treatment of ascites?
- Ascites treatment sauna
- Treatment and cure for chylous ascites
- What causes tingling in hands after an accidental fall on face?
- What causes tenderness and pain below my rib cage?
- What is the treatment for curved erection when suffering from Peyronie's...
- What causes scanty menses when on medication after partial removal of...
- What causes pain with pins and needles?
- What causes hive like rash after taking polytrim eye drops for pink eye?
- Suggest treatment for UTI
- What causes difficulty in breathing when suffering from chest pain and...
- What causes air and gas after urination post total hip replacement?
- Is it safe to take Fluanxol for anxiety ahead of a presentation?