Suggest treatment for arthrogryposis in a child
Outcome depends on many factors
Thanks for choosing this platform
Arthrogryposis may present with varying severity.
Sometimes it is limited to joint involvement only, other associated abnormalities can be involvement of muscles, brain, kidney and/or bile system.
Outcome depends on whether only joint involvement is there or it is associated with abnormalities of other systems too.
If intelligence is normal and only joint is involved the outcome is comparatively better.
Outcome also depends upon the response to the treatment.
Here physical stimulation, plaster casting and joint surgery at different stages helps in leading normal life in children with normal intelligence.
One should also go for genetic studies and to find the underlying cause which has leads to this condition. There are increased chances of having this disease in siblings also so parental councelling should be done regarding this.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for arthrogryposis multiplex congenita
- Treatment of arthrogryposis in homeopathy
- Treatment and cure for classic arthrogryposis
- Arthrogryposis causes
- Arthrogryposis treatment tips
- Treatment and cure for distal arthrogryposis
- Arthrogryposis effect
- Arthrogryposis and marijuana
- Syncope, arthrogryposis
- Treatment and cure for arthrogryposis
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting