Suggest treatment for arthritis
Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic,
I do understand your concern for your grandmother,
As per her problem, she can do a few things at home:
1) Do gentle exercise like walking every day. This will strengthen her muscles around her joints and it will improve her overall blood circulation.
2) Try to lose weight(if overweight) and this will reduce pressure on knee and ankle joints
3) Apply alternate heat and cold thrice daily to manage pain
4) Use OTC analgesic cream(eg. Diclofenac) and apply it regularly over the affected area for joint stiffness
5) If the pain is severe then she can use an assistive device like [CANE] and this will reduce pressure on knee and ankles.
6) Do take a multivitamin as well as calcium every day
Hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care provider.
Thanks and wish her a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for arthritis in hips and lower back
- What treatment is suggested for arthritis on the lower back
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis pain
- Suggest treatment for arthritis pain and skin rash
- Suggest treatment for arthritis and nephrogenic diabetes insipidus
- Treatment rheumatoid arthritis in trichy
- Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis
- Suggest treatment for arthritis
- Suggest treatment for numbnesslower back pain arthritis
- Suggest treatment for psorattic arthritis