• question-icon

Suggest treatment for arthritis in the right leg

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have arthritis in my right leg. I fell last week-no broken bones-and the television fell on my left side. I'm being treated for pain. Last night I fell asleep in the chair and when I got up I couldn't stand. Neither leg worked. I had pains in my chest and was having trouble breathing. Pain also in neck and base of head. My daughter-in-law had to help me to bed. Even with her help, I couldn't walk. This morning I got up and got myself to the bathroom and to dining room table, then back to bed where I am no.

Also, I was positive my granddaughter was watching TV, but she wasn't there. What is wrong with me? Please read my medical background.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could have been mild brain injury at the time of fall.

Detailed Answer:
Hi , I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the description of your incident of falling asleep in the chair and not being able to walk after that. In my opinion , you slept in an uncomfortable posture with your neck bent to one side and that explains your breathlessness and neck pain.
Since you had fallen last week , it is possible that you might have injured your brain tissue mildly and the swelling maybe increasing causing drowsiness.
I suggest Immediate CT scan of brain and a neurosurgical consultation.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon