Suggest treatment for arthitis pain in back neck, head, and lower back

Posted on Fri, 6 Jun 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am just off prednisone after 2 wks of 20 mg day. I has AWFUL effects on me. Surgery was done and ruled out temporal arthritis (by way of temporal biopsies on both sides. I hav awful arthitis pain in my back neck , head, and lower back. I have several pain meds to take but I want to take the one that will make me feel the least drugged and goggy. And I am extremely weak. I took Butal-ACT-CAFF 50-325-40mg. this morning . What will be the least I can tak now without making me so druggd.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ibuprofen will help.

Detailed Answer:
The pain that you are having can be controlled with mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen every 6 hourly. Be careful to take these after the meals.
Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants like cataflam will help without making you feel drugged if simple analgesics do not help.
Hot compresses to the painful area will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon