Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for anxiety

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
This query stems from my effort to separate out indications of seizure activity from indications of drug side effects. The following example is from December/early January. There are many more examples like this one. …[I am] at the computer in my office believing that I was at the table in the livingroom. I slowly looked up from the computer and noticed I was not where I thought I was. I had forgotten [blanked out] that I had moved to the office. Within the next hour it happened again Another probably related example is as follows: I am in my home neighborhood [of 45 years] having tea at a tea house before a haircut appointment. I look out the window of the teahouse expecting to see the hair salon across the street and straight ahead. But it was not there. After many minutes and much anxiety I came to realize that the salon was actually to the right of my line of vision. It was where it had always been. What do you think? And many thanks,XXXX
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for writing in to HCM. Having read through your query in detail I find there are a few possibilities which need further detailed investigation. 1. You might be having underlying anxiety which is leading to such thoughts. 2. There can be dissociative state in your mind. However if your memory is intact through the period, this is less likely to have happened. 3. A partial seizure may also have the features as described by you. 4. It is also possible that you are normal and without any abnormality. It is suggested that you consult a psychiatrist and get an EEG investigation done. This can be followed by a complete mental function clinical examination. Hope your query is answered. Do write back if you have doubts. Dr A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor